Alright ladies, it’s that time of the year.. when you curl up by the fake fire and watch The Bachelor. This is the first year, I’ve committed myself, like never before, to the below five ladies (Scoring details below). #TheBachelorDraft:
Caila: 23, software sales representative, Hudson, OH.
Just look at her for God’s sake! She’s so happy! Her smile and laugh seem so genuine, and even when she’s not smiling, it looks like she’s smiling. Plus, she and Ben have similar jobs, so I’m sure they’ll have something to talk about. Honestly, who can resist a girl who says “I’m one of those rare people that believes in fate”?! She also said she loves GoT…. So you gotta… you just gotta. Seriously ugh gurrrl! Something about you just makes me want you to be with Ben 5ever! #Interracial4DaWin
Samantha: 26 attorney, New Smyrna Beach, FL.
Although Samantha is the oldest lady I picked for my draft, I have faith in her. I feel like Ben is the kind of guy who would appreciate an educated and driven woman – “Graduated top 20% of her class.” Samantha has a husky/raspy voice, which is what I love in my man (Now that I think about it… what I like in my guys probably shouldn’t be the way I pick my bachelorettes. Oh well, said and done). Samantha’s hair is always on point – She has achieved the short curls that I’ve always wanted but can never have. So Samantha, just for that, I’ll add you on my draft.
Rachel, 23, unemployed, Little Rock, AR.
I know, I know… Rachel is unemployed and young and not the dramatic kind, but I still put her in my draft because I just have a gut feeling that she’s a keeper. She has a super innocent looking face, and even though we don’t know how her heart is, at least it’ll keep her around for a while. Plus, she’s one of the younger girls out of the 28 contestants… and since I’m banking some of my big points on some of the older ladies, I feel like I should add Rachel just in case Ben is into the younger ones. 😉
Lace: 25, real estate agent, Denver, CO.
Honestly, I don’t want her to be with Ben. But – counting the number of eyerolls she gives in episode 1, I can already tell that she’s going to get me hella points. Sometimes you just gotta commit to players you don’t normally root for but who you know will be beneficial to your draft. Enf said.
Amanda: 25, esthetician, Rancho Santa Margarita, CA.
I mean I don’t have a child, but MOM POWER! Amanda doesn’t seem as dramatic as Lace, but having kids has got to give me extra points right? Plus she has two babies! (Isn’t she a little young to have two kids of that age?… she comes off tame but maybe she’s secretly wild ;)) In addition to all the kids points I can grab, I’m also hoping to snatch a few points here and there from Amanda mentioning her previous husband/BF.
How to get points:
- Talking about her parents’ relationship (5 points)
- Mentioning her kid (5 points)
- Mentioning a deceased loved one (10 points)
- Mentioning a previous fiance or husband (10 points)
- Expressing fear of a date activity (10 points) NEW IN 2016
- Discussing her virginity (15 points) NEW IN 2016
- Saying “I’m not here to make friends” (20 points)
- Saying “I’m falling for you” to the Bachelor or “I’m falling for her” to the camera (20 points)
- Saying “I love you” to the Bachelor (30 points)
- Telling the Bachelor that someone in the house “is not here for the right reasons” (30 points)
- Interrupting someone’s one-on-one time (5 points)
- Bonus: using the phrase “steal [the Bachelor] away” during said interruption (5 points)
- Dancing (5 points)
- Wearing a helmet (5 points)
- Singing/playing an instrument for the Bachelor (5 points)
- Hot tubbing (5 points)
- Giving the Bachelor a gift (5 points)
- Going on a picnic (5 points)
- Must be sitting on the ground
- Wearing a costume or clothing native to another culture/country (5 points)
- Attending a concert (10 points) NEW IN 2016
- Riding in a helicopter (10 points)
- Riding on a boat (10 points)
- Kissing the Bachelor on the lips (10 points)
- Appearing visibly drunk (15 points)
- Meeting the Bachelor’s family and/or friends (15 points)
- Needing medical attention at any point (20 points)
- Crying on camera (25 points)
- Must actually see moisture fall
- Having a secret boyfriend at home (25 points)
- Having a body part blurred out any point (30 points)
- Only for nudity; having your mouth blurred for profanity doesn’t count
- Leaving the show early on her own accord (30 points)
- Drafting the next Bachelorette on your team (40 points)
- Coming back to the show to beg for another chance (50 points)
- Getting the First Impression Rose (35 points, only available first night)
- Being selected to go on a group date (10 points)
- Being selected to go on a one-on-one date (20 points)
- Getting the rose to stay another week (25 points)
- Getting the rose on a group date (30 points)
- Getting the rose on a two-on-one date (40 points)
- Making it to Hometown Dates (50 points)
- Accepting the Fantasy Suite invitation (75 points)
- Refusing the Fantasy Suite invitation (-75 points)
- Only counts as a refusal if the Bachelorette is game and he is not
- Winning the Final Rose (100 points)
Introducing the wildcard point category. Each week, we’ll announce the wildcard category for the week. It will change each week, and is only awarded to one lady per episode. For example, one wildcard category might be: the first lady to don a bikini this week gets 40 points.
Let me know who you voted for, why you drafted them and how you are scoring!
A FEMINIST, who wants to eventually be an amazing soccer mom with flexible work hours. A CONSULTANT, who is thirsty for flight status and hangry for hotel cookies. A DOG LOVER, who plans to own a German Sheppard, Oreo, and a Golden Retriever, Cheerio. A PROUD TECHIE, who doesn’t enjoy coding. A SELF PROCLAIMED PRACTICAL OPTIMIST, who struggles with the difficult act of staying positive while battling with depression. #PositiveAttitudes